I read eighteen books this year, two more than in 2011. This was a comfortable number of reads. For the most part I bought the books second hand or they were given to me. Two of the books were read on my Kobo, the rest were deadtree.
Books Read in 2012.
Shown in bold: where I bought the book, or who I got it from.
- Imperial Earth - Arthur C. Clarke [Value Village]
- Alligator - Lisa Moore [Dad]
- Solaris - Stanislaw Lem [Grace Hospital Sale]
- The Ruby in the Smoke - Philip Pullman [Grace Hospital Sale]
- Galapagos - Kurt Vonnegut [Value Village]
- The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins [Mom]
- The Hunger Games
- Catching Fire
- Henderson the Rain King - Saul Bellow [Value Village]
- Freedom - Jonathan Franzen [Sister]
- A Song of Ice and Fire - George R.R. Martin
- A Game of Thrones [Alan, coworker]
- A Clash of Kings [kobo ebook]
- A Storm of Swords [kobo ebook]
- The Naked Sun - Isaac Asimov [Value Village]
- Lives of Girls and Women - Alice Munro [Value Village]
- Wake - Robert J. Sawyer [Grace Hospital Sale]
- Reality is Broken - Jane McGonigal [Library]
- The Skull Beneath the Skin - P.D. James [Value Village]
No duds again this year. I am especially thankful to Arthur C. Clarke for introducing me to Pentominos.
- The Confusion - Neal Stephenson [Amazon]
- The Annotated Turing - Charles Petzold [Amazon]
- Eloquent Ruby - Russ Olsen (Re-Reading) [RRC Desk Copy]
In 2012 I listened to 23 hours of lectures across two courses. Most of these lectures were heard while running or walking with Acelyn in her stroller in various parks around Amsterdam.
I cannot recommend these enough, both for the content and the delivery by Sandel and Kagan. Both courses are available for free in audio or video format.